Terms & Conditions
Definitions & Interpretation
- “Balance Due Amount” means the amounting in pounds left outstanding after the Booking Deposit has been deducted.
- “Balance Due Date” means the date the Balance Due Amount falls due.
- “Agreement” means the Agreement relating to the booking of disco services as set out in the Conditions of the booking.
- “Booking Agreement Amount” means the grand total order amount (including Vat) of the Booking including any extras and/or options.
- “Booking Deposit” means the sum in pounds required to book disco services for the event date.
- “Booking Form” means the online booking form completed by the Hirer.
- “Cancellation Charges” means amounts which may be charged to the Hirer by the Company in the event that the Agreement is cancelled by the Hirer, or in the event that Options contained within the Booking Agreement are cancelled by the Hirer.
- “the Company” or “We” means Big Night Out.
- “the Company’s Address” means 64 Nortoft Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8PZ.
- “Company Staff” means persons, drivers, contractors, engineers, crew and disc jockeys employed by the Company to supply Disco Services.
- “Conditions” means these conditions and the Booking Agreement.
- “Disco Services” means the supply of a DJ with relevant sound & lighting equipment for the provision of music & dancing, onsite at the Venue Location on the Event Date.
- “Equipment” means Sound, Lighting and Special Effects equipment and also includes options, uplighters, flight cases, stands and cabling.
- “Event Date” means the day of the event that disco services are required.
- “Fees” means additional fees and amounts which may be charged to the Booking Agreement.
- “Guest(s)” means persons invited to the Venue Location by the Hirer.
- “Hire” means the supply by the company of equipment on rental to the hirer.
- “the Hirer” “You” means any person, firm or company or corporation who or which hires disco services from the Company and shall include the Hirer’s principals, servants or agents.
- “Late Payment” means payments received less than 14 calendar days prior to the Event Date.
- “Non Standard Access” means the access route, at the Venue Location, from the unloading point to the Disco Area is in excess of 40 metres and/or the Disco Area is accessed via stairs/steps to a height of at least one floor or 10 feet / 3.2 metres.
- “Online Booking” means a booking received via www.big-night-out.com
- “the Venue” means the Venue Owner, Operator and/or Staff & Contractors.
- “the Venue Address” means the address of which the Disco Services shall be delivered.
- “the Venue Location” means the event premises, suite, property or Marquee.
- “the Website” means the website at address: www.big-night-out.com
Application of Terms
These Terms & Conditions apply exclusively to every Booking Agreement with any Hirer, and that all quotations are made and all orders are accepted on and subject to these Terms & Conditions. No terms introduced by the customer shall take priority over the Company’s Terms & Conditions.
- To re-book after previously cancelling – £45
- To change the Event Date of a Booking Agreement – £35
- Late payment charge – £15
- To supply a Vat Invoice – £3
- To supply a copy of a Booking Agreement – £2
The Balance Due Amount is due 14 calendar days before the event date. We do not accept payment on the night. Crew and Equipment cannot be dispatched if the Balance Due Amount has not been paid in full. Balance payments are collected via personal cheque or PayPal system. This applies to customers who have paid the booking deposit by a personal cheque or PayPal system.
Customers wishing to pay the Balance Due Amount on a debit / credit card or by alternative means (cash, cother heque or bank transfer) may do so as long as payment is cleared, in full, on or before the Balance Due Date. Cheques and/or balance transfers must be received at least 7 days before the Balance Due Date. Booking Agreements that do not have the Balance Due Amount paid and cleared by the Balance Due Date will be charged Late payment charge (see fees)
Booking Agreements that do not have the Balance Due Amount paid and cleared 7 calendar days prior to the Event Date will be deemed cancelled and will incur Cancellation Charges. In this instance the Company reserves the right not to attend the Venue Location on the Event Date and not to supply the Hirer with Disco Services.
The Hirer is held fully responsible for their and their Guest’s behaviour. Company staff will not entertain abusive Hirers and/or guests, and will cease to perform during instances of threatening behaviour. The Company reserves the right to end all Disco Services early, without prior notice or refund, in the interests of Company Staff safety.
Booking Cancellation Charges
The Hirer may cancel the Booking Agreement at any time by doing so in writing to the Company or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Booking Deposit is non-returnable. Cancellations made within the following time scales will also be liable for the following further Cancellation Charges:
- 180 Days or less = 50% of the Balance Due Amount in £
- 150 Days or less = 60% of the Balance Due Amount in £
- 120 Days or less = 70% of the Balance Due Amount in £
- 90 Days or less = 80% of the Balance Due Amount in £
- 60 Days or less = The full value of the Balance Due Amount in £
Booking Cancellation charges due to the Company will be automatically debited to the same card that was used to pay the Booking Deposit. This charge will be made at the time of cancellation and will be confirmed in writing to the cardholders address and via email.
In the event of a complaint the Hirer should attempt to rectify the problem with the Company’s staff on the Event date at the Venue Location. Where this is deemed not possible complaints should then be made in writing to the Company or by email to: email@example.com within 30 calendar days of the Event Date. Complaints will be fully investigated a response made available to the Hirer within 10 calendar days.
Payments for Fees, charges, deposits, goods & services must be made by using a valid credit or debit card accepted by the Company. If the Hirer has provided such card details for payment, you hereby authorise the Company to charge your card for such amounts including the Booking Deposit, The Balance Due Amount, Cancellations charges (if due) and any other fees and associated payments (if due) If the Company is for any reason unable to effect automatic payment via your card, we will attempt to notify you via email. It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that the Hirer’s card details remain active, valid and in date for the full period that the Booking Agreement remains active.
Credit Card Payments
Payment by credit card incurs an additional non-refundable charge of 2% of the total amount due. Payment by credit card confirms that you accept this additional charge. No such charge applies to debit card payments. The Booking Deposit is not subject to the 2% charge.
Delivery and Arrival
The Company can give no guarantee to attend the Venue Address at the time stated in the Booking Agreement due to any circumstances that are out of the Company’s control, e.g. adverse weather conditions, heavy traffic, road closure, emergency situations etc. Best attempts will always be made by the Company to deliver the Disco Services at the time stated.
All drawings, descriptive matter, images, specifications and advertising issued by the Company and any descriptions or illustrations contained in the Company’s catalogues or brochures and/or on the Company’s website are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Goods described in them. They will not form part of this Contract.
All Equipment hired will be suitably and safely installed by a member of competent staff. The Company reserves the right to withdraw the use of certain Equipment if at the time, it is deemed unsafe to use such Equipment.
Only Company Staff may operate the Company’s equipment. Under no circumstances may unauthorised personnel tamper, move or attempt to use equipment owned by the Company. The Company also cannot accept any responsibility for damage caused to the Venue Location, or injury to caused to the Hirer, the Guests and/or the Venue Staff caused directly by third party unauthorised intervention.
By booking our Disco Services you, the Hirer agrees that the Company shall not be liable for any and all losses, including damages, costs, claims, compensation and other liabilities which arise as a result of any delay or interruption in, or any non-delivery, or missed delivery or failure of the Equipment and/or Services due to circumstances beyond our or any of our suppliers’ and contractors reasonable control (including, but not limited to, fire, lightning, explosion, war, disorder, flood, industrial dispute, sabotage, weather conditions, road closure, vandalism, traffic congestion, vehicle failure or acts of local or central Government or other competent authorities).
Our maximum liability arising out of or in connection with the non supply of Disco Services on the Event Date and at the Venue Location shall be limited to the total value of the Booking Agreement in pounds (except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or in respect of fraud).
The booking agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. In the event that the Agreement is translated into any other language, the English language version shall prevail. You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related order for products to any third party.
If any portion of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
Health and Safety
It is solely the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure the Venue complies with current Health & Safety Regulations, holds all necessary certification including Public Liability Insurance, Public Performance Licences, and where applicable, relevant PAT test certification. The Company will ensure their equipment fully complies with the relevant and current Health & Safety legislation regarding the Equipment and Company Staff.
It is the responsibility of the Hirer and/or the Venue to provide a safe & suitable area within the Venue Location to facilitate installation of the Equipment. Any floor surface, staging, mounting area or electricity supply which is deemed unsuitable or unsafe by the Company Staff may delay or prevent installation of the Equipment. If installation cannot be completed successfully the Company cannot provide the Hirer with any Disco Services. In this event no refunds, in part or full, will be given for non-use of Equipment that cannot be used due to any Health & Safety implications imposed on the Company by the Hirer and/or the Venue.
Insurance and Damage
The Hirer assumes all responsibility for all Equipment once it is installed at the Venue Location. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to arrange appropriate insurance for the event period. Company Vehicles and Equipment damaged by the Hirer or the Guests will be charged to the Hirer at replacement cost.
Option Cancellation Charges
The Hirer may cancel Options contained within the Booking Agreement at any time by doing so in writing to the Company or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Option Cancellations made within the following time scales will also be liable for the following further Cancellation Charges:
- 180 Days or less = 50% of the Option(s) Value in £
- 150 Days or less = 60% of the Option(s) Value in £
- 120 Days or less = 70% of the Option(s) Value in £
- 90 Days or less = 80% of the Option(s) Value in £
- 60 Days or less = The full value of the Option(s)
Option Cancellation charges due to the Company will be automatically debited to the same card that was used to pay the Booking Deposit. This charge will be made at the time of cancellation and will be confirmed in writing to the cardholders address and via email.
Space and Electrical Supply
A flat, clear and safe surface must be provided by the Hirer and/or the Venue. A minimum area of 3 metres width by 2 metres depth by 2.4 metres height is required to facilitate correct & safe set up and installation of the Equipment. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that there is sufficient and safe power available at the Event Location.
- For package 1 we require 1 x 13 amp socket with 13 amps spare capacity.
- For package 2 we require 2 separate 13 amp sockets with a total spare capacity of at least 20 amps.
- For package 3 and The Cube or any packages with additional options booked we require 3 separate 13 amp sockets with a total spare capacity of at least 30 amps.
- All electrical supply sockets must be within 10 metres of the Equipment location.
Crew Arrival, Set By, Start and Finish times are clearly indicated on the Disco Agreement. These times can be altered, subject to availability, before the event date. Start & finish times cannot be altered with less than 15 days prior notice of the Event Date. Finish times cannot be altered on the Event Date. The Company’s staff cannot perform later the Finish Time booked, and are not allowed to accept payment of any kind, for extra services.
Prices and Quotations
Prices displayed on the Website are inclusive of Vat at the current rate. All package prices are fully inclusive of delivery, labour, and insurance. Quotations provided by the Website are deemed accurate but are subject to correct information being inputted by the Hirer. The Company reserves the right to override and decrease/increase a Booking Agreement Amount that is inaccurate due to incorrect geographical information supplied by the Hirer. Quotations obtained via the Company’s website to not constitute a booking, a reservation or a pending reservation.
The Hirer and/or the Venue must make at least one safe & suitable parking space with no height restriction available to the Company Staff, at no cost to the Company, to facilitate safe & prompt unloading of the Equipment. The Hirer shall notify the Company at least 14 calendar days prior to the Event Date if the Hirer and/or the Venue are unable to provide the above. In this event the Company reserves the right to make its own parking arrangements and charge this cost in full to the Hirer.
The Hirer and/or the Venue shall notify the Company at least 14 calendar days prior to the Event Date should the Equipment be required to be installed in a position other than on a ground floor location. Failure by the Hirer to notify the Company of the correct set up location may result in delay or prevent installation of the Equipment. If installation cannot be completed successfully the Company cannot provide the Hirer with any Disco Services. In this event no refunds, in part or full, will be given for non-use of Equipment that cannot be used due to any installation and/or access restrictions imposed on the Company by the Hirer and/or the Venue. The Company reserves the right to allow Company Staff any additional time required to complete unloading & installation at the Venue Location if the access is deemed ‘Non Standard’ by the Company Staff on the Event Date.
It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure all Equipment booked (including any additional options ordered by the Hirer) is suitable for use at the Venue Location. No refunds, in part or full, will be given for non-use of Equipment that cannot be used due to any Venue restrictions imposed. Not all Equipment is designed to fit through narrow doorways and/or up staircases. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to inform the Company of any access restrictions that may impede set up or Venue rules/regulations that may restrict or completely prevent specific equipment use. Performance start times may be significantly delayed if the Venue Location is not on ground floor level and the Company has not been informed of this fact, by either the Hirer or the Venue, prior to the Event Date.